Invoice Set-up - invoice going out paid on unpaid orders

Good MorningšŸ˜Š - I have an invoice question.

Best Regards,

Pam

I thought I was having the same invoice problem today but it turned out that it wasnā€™t

Hi Pamela, My suggestion would be to call into support to look into this so that Personally Identifiable information isnā€™t shared on a forum. As far as the opt-out option it is a legal obligation to have this in emails. It is also part of the Infusionsoft AUP that this is kept in the email. If you want further clarification on this I would contact your legal representative for more information specifically around the CAN-SPAM act or the CASL Rules which govern the sending of emails.

For the email confirmation sequence that was mentioned this is usually controlled under E-Commerce Setup > Shopping Cart Settings > Email Confirmation Requests. This does control the confirmation email even if the order forms are being used.

My guess without having more information would be that maybe it was a partial payment and ā€œEmail receipts/invoices upon successful payment?ā€ is set to yes which would send a email out each time a payment is made. If they are on a payment plan then each leg of the payment plan would send out the email.

Hopefully my assumptions are able to help a little. To get quicker and better answers I would suggest reaching out to support: https://help.infusionsoft.com/contact-us

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I will contact support the next time I see this happening. There may be something in the transaction I donā€™t understand,

The nature of our business does not involve a payment plan, no, so I am concerned about it.

As to personal identifiable information I am not aware that I have sent any personal information on this post, so am confused as to what you meant.

It just seems weird having an ā€œopt outā€ on an invoice. " Opt out" is definitely in our regular emails but is required then I donā€™t have a problem with it.

Sorry the part about the PII wasnā€™t because you sent any but more because it is harder on a forum to help troubleshoot an issue without specific examples. This was a reason for contacting support directly so we are able to look at specific examples. You are good :slight_smile:

Hi Jon - thank you for your response.

My Chrome browser loads twice sometimes and I am usually careful to delete the extra one but I donā€™t always know right away when it does this. Iā€™ve tried to delete one of the instances of it and I have tried to re-set my mouse sensitivity but that is not helping. Iā€™ll have to look into it with Chrome. There isnā€™t much helpful information on just a plain search about it. Some people just seem to be stuck with a browser that double loads on them. It is not a problem that is specific to any one computer OS or browser it seems to happen to people though.

I wonder if this is what causes my issue with the campaign builder from time to time. It would make a lot of sense.

Pam