Where is the option to choose who is going to get my email

Hi guys,
I am trying to send my first test email I just created and can’t for the life of me figure out who is going to actually get the email??? why is there no obvious button/option to click to set who will actually get this email? I want to have numerous email lists in my account soon and this is one part of this platform that is very confusing to me…
Is there any NEW RECENT help to walk me thru this process?
This link seems to be very old and out dated → Create A Legacy Email Template | Max Classic
Thanks,
Tony

Hey Tony,

Are you currently setting up an email broadcast? If so, I think this documentation may help out better.

http://help.infusionsoft.com/userguides/campaigns-and-broadcasts/send-an-email-broadcast/send-or-schedule-an-email-broadcast

The link that you have is for our templates in the Marketing>Templates area that our legacy apps still have.

If you are in your email builder, the documentation I shared shows an area at the top of the email that contains the sender, recipients, and subject line.

If you go to the recipients area, you can either start typing in the name of a ‘Tag’ or a ‘Saved Search’ to pull in all the contacts that are associated with it. If you want to do a more traditional search, there is a little blue link that says ‘New Search’ near the bottom right of this ‘Recipients’ field, that will open up a pop-up window that will look like a standard Contact Search. This will allow you to search by different criteria.

Either option is going to add everyone that fits your criteria (either tag/saved search, or new contact search) to the recipients list. Once you have added a list of recipients, you will see that a colored label in the ‘recipients’ box, with a number associated with it. The number is referencing the contacts that were added based on the Tag/Saved Search option, or, the contact search option. Here is a quick video showing me add contacts through both methods. https://www.screencast.com/t/m7jRAVOAw

1 Like

Oh you are the man James :))) thanks so much :))))
I am studying and going thru your link now :slightly_smiling_face:
Best regards,
Tony

2 Likes