Update a Contact and Company REST api is not working

Hello,

I am trying to update contact details but can not able to perform the action through REST api PATCH call. Even not able to update through developer page (Keap REST API).

Parameters :
{
“job_title”: “Software Engineer”,
“id” : 9,
“email_addresses”: [
{
“email”: “jay.mistry@ivvy.com”,
“field”: “EMAIL1”
}
]
}

Response body display message “no content”.

Even the same problem happens with the company update API.

Screenshot_2

Please help.

You shouldn’t be including the “id” : 9, part. The id is in the url.

Even after removing “id” from request it is not working. Also not working on “Keap REST API

New request object :
{
“job_title”: “Software Engineer” ,
“email_addresses”: [
{
“email”: “jay.mistry@ivvy.com”,
“field”: “EMAIL1”
}
]
}

Hey, @Mel_Thompson,

I wasn’t aware of this but it appears that the order of the fields matters. I did the same thing you have above but job_title came after email_addresses. Try this:

{
  "email_addresses": [
    {
      "email": "jimmy@crackedcorn.com",
      "field": "EMAIL1"
    }
  ],
  "job_title": "Software Engineer"
}

Hello John,

I have tried to update contact as per your suggestion but it is not working.
Please check below screenshot.

contact%20patch%201

Please provide your suggestion.

You’re getting the message “no response from server”. That is most definitely not related to your call but a server or endpoint matter. Was this just tried once or many times over a period of time? If it was a temporary matter then it would clear up on it’s own. The url looks right but I don’t know how it would respond if the id was wrong. You can also try putting the access_token as a header value rather than a GET value, or even a bearer token is supposed to work. But if it were authentication, you would most likely have a different response so I doubt that’s it.

However, a more likely culprit is your SSL cert. Either you’re not making the call from a valid SSL location or it can’t be confirmed.