Setting up DMARC so that Infusionsoft can send from domain

Hi all,

Does anyone have any tips on how to set up DMARC to ensure that Infusionsoft is recognised as being allowed to send from our domain. This will apparently improve email deliverability.

I’ve managed to set up SPF and DKIM records correctly, but don’t see any Infusionsoft specific “how to” articles re setting up DMARC, and altering DNS records is not my core competence.

I’m afraid you have a misconception of what DMARC is. DMARC comes into play ONLY when DKIM/SPF fail. It’s really more of a “backup” to the first two checks. It gives instructions on what to do in the condition of failing those tests. Some email clients will not allow emails through if DMARC doesn’t exist, but it doesn’t have to have anything to do with Infusionsoft at all…it just has to be a valid existing DMARC record.

Thanks for the clarification John, much appreciated. I’ll set up DMARC as a backup once I’ve done a bit more homework.

DMARC is becoming more and more important, to at least have it set up. Especially with delivery to Gmail that owns half of the emails in the US and Microsoft that owns 25% of the emails in the US. I personally use MXToolbox to set up my DMARC. It asks you a couple questions then tells you the code to insert in your DNS. That website is here: DMARC Record Generator - Create DMARC DNS Records - MxToolbox.

The best site for determining what that code means is here: Add your DMARC record - Google Workspace Admin Help

I find this particularly useful as when you run the MXToolbox checker tool - https://mxtoolbox.com/ (which does an external check of your DKIM, SPF, and DMARC it will tell you that your quarantine policy is not set up, but then will not tell you how to fix it. The Google sheet tells you how to modify the code to set a quarantine policy. I run p=quarantine pct=1 as I do not like my email quarantine policy (hard to see them to fix if they quarantined my bank statement).

NOTE: All the tools I mentioned are free. MXToolbox has a paid portion, but I have not found a reason to move up to it yet and I manage for 8 Infusionsoft and Keap accounts.

I hope this helps!
Robin

2 Likes