ScheduleOnce passes date and time to Next Appointment Date

ScheduleOnce passes the date and time of a scheduled meeting to Next Appointment Date. Next Appointment Date only accepts the date, and the time is lost. To date, I have not been able to find a way to the Next Appointment Time in an e-mail.

There is no field called next appointment date. There is an appointment and an appointment end (which are both date/time fields). If SO is passing to a field called next appointment date then it is a custom field. If that’s the case then the field is likely setup as a date only field.

@John_Borelli is right. We use ScheduleOnce and have created a date/time custom field and then mapped that in the ScheduleOnce Infusionsoft integration setup.

You don’t have to do this, but if you have a PlusThis account, you can use their Humanize Infusionsoft Date - and if it’s a date/time field, it will parse the date and time and allow you to format the date in a more natural way. But it’s not necessary.

1 Like

Hi John,

Thank you for your quick response. Schedule Once is mapped to Contact.NextAppointmentDate, to which it sends the date and time of the next appointment. That creates an appointment in my calendar with Appt Date (date and time) and Appt End (date and time). Under Custom Fields in the Contact Record, Next Appointment Date contains the date but Next Appointment Time is empty.

When I merge that Contact.NextAppointmentDate into an e-mail, I get the date only. The only other appointment field available to merge is Contact.NextAppointmentTime and that field is empty after ScheduleOnce passes the date and time of the appointment.

Mike

Michael A. Gort

Gort Law Firm

601 Heritage Drive, Ste 457

Jupiter, FL 33458

561-900-0478 (Office)

888-994-2010 (Fax)

mike@gortlaw.com

The information contained in this transmission may be attorney client privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail.

I created a date and time field, mapped ScheduleOnce to it, and I am now receiving the proper data and can merge it into e-mails.

Mike

Michael A. Gort

Gort Law Firm

Jupiter, FL 33458

561-900-0478 (Office)

888-994-2010 (Fax)

mike@gortlaw.com

The information contained in this transmission may be attorney client privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail.

So if I am understanding correctly, you have 2 custom fields? You need to have one field that is a DateTime field NOT two fields (one for date and one for time)

Hello John,

There were originally two fields created: Next Appointment Date and Next Appointment Time. The data from ScheduleOnce was mapped to Next Appointment Date and only the date would be captured. I created a new custom field: Next Appointment Date and Time and mapped ScheduleOnce to that field. The date and time is now captured by the new custom field.

Mike

Michael A. Gort

Gort Law Firm

Jupiter, FL 33458

561-900-0478 (Office)

888-994-2010 (Fax)

mike@gortlaw.com

1 Like

Awesome!

Glad you got it working :wink:

John,

One last question: is there an easy way to parse that data into date and time? I would like the e-mail to be able to say “your appointment is on ~date~ at ~time~.

Mike

Michael A. Gort

Gort Law Firm

Jupiter, FL 33458

561-900-0478 (Office)

888-994-2010 (Fax)

mike@gortlaw.com

No out of the box but you might look into using Zapier as an option. I would normally just write code to do it with an http post but for those that are not programmers, Zapier can often save the day :wink: