Problem with iframe height when rendering forms using javascript

Hi,
I received a call from a customer this morning saying he couldn’t see the submit button of a web form. I immediately checked and I’m in the same situation, but other people can see it without any problem - everything was working fine yesterday. It applies to all the forms in the website, and I use the JavaScript code for rendering the form.

After some testing and investigations, when I check the page the page and form in my laptop and I inspect the element, I can see that the full form is there, but the iframe rendered has a height of 450px, which is less than the form height, and the overflow is hidden, so I can’t see the bottom part (including the button). I also get an error in the console saying that a resource (blob:https://wa391.infusionsoft.com/01557453-5093-4066-bc8d-4af6f1e5fcb2) couldn’t be loaded. I get the same result with different browsers in my laptop.

I’ve tested with another laptop and everything works fine, the iframe height is the right one so I can see the full form, and I don’t get any error in the console.

This is the test page I’ve set up SPSS Analytics Partner
And this is what I see Capture1 — ImgBB

Do you have any idea why this might be happening and how I can fix it? Not being a consistent error across devices makes it a lot more difficult.

Thank you in advanced
Irene

1 Like

I’m running into the exact same issue. Did you ever figure out a solution?

Hi Ed,
No, I didn’t. Infusionsoft support say it’s not their problem, but there is nothing I can do with the JS script (1 line) in my website, so I’m totally stuck
It only happens to a few people depending on screen size, but there is something else there because when I zoom out and zoom in again to 100% I can see it, but if I refresh the page I lose it again :confused:
If you find anything please let me know.

Thanks, Irene. It seems unlikely that it isn’t Infusionsoft’s problem, given that the iframe is rendering at exactly 450px for both of us. I’m going to replace the JS with raw HTML to fix the problem on my end, but I will contact support and link them to this thread so they can see that you aren’t the only one experiencing the issue.

1 Like

I just finished talking to support and they are sending it to the advanced support team. Should hear back from them in 24-48 hours. I’ll let you know what they tell me.

Thanks Ed, I appreciate it.
I tried to explain everything to support in the chat, but they kept saying they don’t have developers in support and that they see it properly, so it’s not their problem.
Please keep me posted.
Thanks.

Heard back from the support rep today. This is what he told me:

I had raised the case to the Advanced support team and as per them, it is basically the issue of Browser, which is not rendering the page correctly. This can happen because the browser is not updated with the latest Version, so you can try updating the browser first. If you update it and if it still does not work, then you can check with your browser customer support team to check for the settings, they will be able to answer this question for you and get it fixed.

Ed, browser comes with pre-checked few settings and sometimes because of this, issue occurs, so when you will contact the Browser Support team, they will tell you the exact setting which either needs to be enabled or disabled. Please let me know, if you have any questions.

I responded and reiterated that it is not consistent across browsers, even those of the same version number. I also pointed out that the form should be compatible with all popular browsers that real-world customers are going to be using, without changing the default settings, and that it isn’t reasonable for us to expect our customers to go through all the troubleshooting steps in order to fill out our form.

I’ll let you know when I hear back from them. I can’t keep my broken form forever, so my plan is to replace the iframe with raw HTML by the end of the day tomorrow. I’m hoping to at least get this escalated to the point where it will be treated as a known issue before then.

Thanks for the update. I also told them I checked with multiple browsers and latest versions. It just happened from one day to another, the day before I could see them perfectly. And, as you said, we can’t expect our customers to go and check their browsers settings because of this.
The only explanation I can find is that Infusionsoft added some style (max height) to the form that the JS script renders as default setting when certain screen conditions are met. I’ve been playing with my display resolution and I can see more or less part of the form depending on that. So, if it wasn’t clear before, it is not the browser that triggers the issue, it is the screen/display size/resolution that triggers some style properties, so it has something with to do with the responsiveness of the form.
Now that you have the case open, if you can tell them that maybe they can look directly into it. The chat is useless for issues like this.

They asked me to create a video about the problem!

Needless to say, I’m done with this. I would encourage you to re-open your support case if possible. The support guy I was talking to was Karl Jackson, so he has all the emails and info I’ve sent. Maybe you can pick up where I left off.

Hi Ed,
I just talked to Karl and sent him the videos. He was able to see the error in his own Firefox as well, so I guess they’re taking this seriously now. He’s raising it to the Advanced team (again). I’m hoping to hear something back in a couple of days. I’ll let you know what they say.

1 Like

After pushing by email, I just got this reply

“We have created one known issue for this and case ref number is 01247688
This case is now handled by our developer team and once we fix the issue, we will send an email to you.”

I’ll update this thread when I hear back from them.

Hi Irene,
I’ve just stumbled into this issue today. Was there ever a resolution?
Thanks,

Contact Infusionsoft and let them know what you’re experiencing - the fix will be on the Infusionsoft side. This same issue has popped up at least three times in the past two years. Last time the issue was resolved promptly.