Outlook add-in TLS/SSL connection not working

It used to work and now it’s coming up with an error message about not being able to create TLS/SSL connection.
I have checked my password is correct.

@Penny_Bailey,

What are you referring to. It’s not enough to say you get an error message and your password is correct. That doesn’t tell us anything about what you’re doing or where you’re seeing the error or when it’s happening. Are you trying to log into Infusionsoft? Are you sending an HTTP POST from campaign builder? Are you doing something else that doesn’t involve Infusionsoft and are actually in the wrong forum? We don’t know what it involves so please be more specific. Thanks!

@Penny_Bailey, I’m not sure if you’re referring to this but the Infusionsoft Sync for Outlook recently was upgraded. If you refer to https://help.infusionsoft.com/userguides/marketplace-apps/infusionsoft-sync-for-outlook/learn-how-to-install-and-uninstall-infusionsoft-sync-for-outlook, you can uninstall your current app file and then download and install the new updated version.

I had similar issues this week, and with installing the new one, it worked perfectly again. Only takes a few minutes.

Hi John,

I thought my subject indicated what I am trying to do and the context.

When I open up Outlook the Infusion Soft add-in pops up. I am using the same password that I use to login to Infusion Soft for this Outlook Add-in and Yet in the past few days I have started to get this error message. See image below. I have to close the dialogue box before I can use Outlook.

Actually, just having read my other emails I can see that your colleague Cheryl Hunt has understood what I mean and informed me that there has been an upgrade for the Infusion Soft sync for Outlook in the last few days. I am going to try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version.

Thanks for your help anyway.

All the best,

Penny Bailey BA, Dip. Lib, MCLIP, MIoD, FRSA

Managing Director

Bailey Solutions Ltd

Tel: +44 (0)1273 275022

Email: penny@baileysolutions.co.uk

Web: www.baileysolutions.co.uk

Registered in England, Company no. 04445779. Registered Office: Curtis House, 34 Third Avenue, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 2PD. VAT Reg No 737 381 417

Hi @Penny_Bailey,

Sorry about that…I did miss the subject line on this one. As @Cheryl_Hunt points out, they recently released an updated version and I know IS has been updating their TLS version too so much of that could be in play. You will probably find uninstalling the existing and then downloading and installing the new one that Cheryl left a link for, will likely correct the problem.

Let us know if uninstalling and reinstalling works for you, @Penny_Bailey :slight_smile:

HI Cheryl,

The uninstall and reinstall worked perfectly and the app works better than before.

Thank you ! :blush:

All the best,

Penny Bailey BA, Dip. Lib, MCLIP, MIoD, FRSA

Managing Director

Bailey Solutions Ltd

Tel: +44 (0)1273 275022

Email: penny@baileysolutions.co.uk

Web: www.baileysolutions.co.uk

Registered in England, Company no. 04445779. Registered Office: Curtis House, 34 Third Avenue, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 2PD. VAT Reg No 737 381 417

1 Like

That’s terrific, @Penny_Bailey! Glad to help :slight_smile:

Awesome! Glad to hear their updates have worked!