Oauth2 Client Credentials Grant

Hello. I am trying to do a system-level integration with InfusionSoft via the API. In this case, I don’t have any logged in user - the initiation of this flow is actually from an IS campaign, which does a post to my external service. My service then generates some data, which I want to put back into a contact record. Unfortunately, from what I can read, it does not appear that the IS API supports this flow, and the example code that I see linked on this site is frankly ancient. I’ve also watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjS8tCmnkBs, but it just talks about the authentication code flow.

We only support the Authorization Code flow right now, but all you need to do is get an access token once and you can perpetually refresh it. It is common for people to use Postman for this. You can also generate one under API Access in Account Central if you have your client_id and client_secret. A caveat is the refresh token is single use, and you will be issued a new refresh token every time. You will need to manage the access/refresh token pair.