My client_id and client_secret don't work in Api Access for Infusionsoft

(Matt Sawatzky) #1

Hi Everyone!

So I am trying to get an access token so I can connect to my Infusionsoft REST API through my own application.
I’m using HTTP Client to make the async calls to the restful api.
I’ve added a project to my developer account, and have a client_id and client_secret.
When I use the “Api Access” link in Account Central and enter in my client_id and client_secret I get the following error…
Something went wrong, please check your account credentials here and try again.

I’m sure I have it right.
One thing to note is the status on my project in my developer account is “Waiting” but I don’t know where to go from here.

The second part of this question is can I use the Access Token without having it expire? I am in total control of the app connecting to Infusionsoft and my Infusionsoft account.

Thanks!

Matt

(Tom Scott) #2

The first application you request should get auto-approved, only subsequent applications require manual approval. You’ll need to submit a ticket for our API Support team to approve it before it will be available for use.

https://developer.infusionsoft.com/support/tickets/create/

(Matt Sawatzky) #3

I see! Thank you! Any answer on the second part of my question?

(Tom Scott) #4

Access Tokens have a six-month lifetime currently, but we recommend that you refresh them more frequently than that to prevent anyone who obtains them from having unlimited use.

(Matt Sawatzky) #5

Thanks!

(Bradley Booth) #6

The waiting status is the issue. We allow a single self serve key but user. Most likely you already have a client_id issued. If you really need additional client_ids then you will need to file an api support ticket to request that.