Hey there beautiful folks,
This one has stumped me and hoping somebody in this great community has an idea. A customer recently forwarded this in, and we’re trying to figure out how it occurred.
Things I’ve checked:
- Links work fine when sending a test email from within the campaign
- Links work fine when opting in with a new account and receiving the same email
- Using direct links - not campaign links (yet)
- As far as I can tell the link is configured correctly - it’s a straight URL in a sequence email builder. Works fine in test and tested opt-in.
So - why would some users (4 reported so far) be receiving an email where the merge fields are not being turned into links correctly?
This e-mail is the first step of our funnel, and I hate for a user’s first impression of us to be a bunch of broken buttons and links. Bleh!
- Figure out what that link ID specifically references (I’m assuming IFS stores the URL value in the database? Maybe it’s referencing something old?
- Update the in-content links and hope it doesn’t occur anymore?
Even help trying to find a way to replicate this would be great.