Is it possible to create questions in a web form without having to create a custom field for the answer?

I have a lengthy form with text box answers and would like to simply save the answers, not necessarily have them put in a custom field. Has anyone figured out a work-around for this?

Hi Holly:

I do the same thing, but it does require custom fields. I have 4 “temp text area” fields that I use for this. I use these fields for temporary, short term data only. I then have the data from those fields fed into a Note on the contact record (so the info is recorded somewhere) as well as used inside emails, etc. that are sent out within 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, I set the value of those fields to ‘blank’* so that they can be reused.

This allows you to capture info and save it to a contact record without the need for tons of custom fields. Hopefully that help and hopefully it makes sense.

Thanks,
Jeff
*I do this through PlusThis, but you can do it just as a “set field value” to “-”

Jeff Arnold

4Spot Marketing • 4SpotMarketing.com
11700 W Charleston #170-160 • Las Vegas • NV • 89135
O: 702-721-9763 • C: 702-525-9763
Success StoriesClient TestimonialsBook an Appointment

Are you using an internal form for this (or could you)?

With internal forms, when they are submitted by the user, a record of all the information filled in on the form is recorded and can be recalled at will.

Thanks for the tip Jeff!