I am convert the Contact into a Company using Rest API & Contact is successfully convert into Company but Company is display blank, Rest API return a Company:"null"?

I am convert the Contact into a Company using Rest API & Contact is successfully convert into Company but Company is display blank, Rest API return a Company:“null” ?

In First Step : i am create the Contact & API is return Contact data (using the API

In Second Step: I am converting the Contact into Company( Use the API

& In this i am pass the custom Company Name in ‘company_name’ and contact ID pass in ‘id’ that’s “company”: {
“company_name”: “Company Name”,
“id”: contact ID
}
but API return a Company related JSON like “company”: {
“company_name”: “string”,
“id”: Company ID
}
API Return a Company Name is blank string, why?
but Company Name is display blank, Company Name is displaying as “No Name” ( in InfusionSoft UI.
why is display Company Name “No Name”, please provide a solution, how will Company Name display Proper, Please provide a Solution as soon as possible?
Any Suggestion ?

The company name cannot be created or updated in that part of the request body JSON.

"company": {
    "company_name": "string",
    "id": 0
  }

The name here is read-only; it is simply included for your convenience.

But, good news: the REST API will soon have a resource for Companies, separate from Contacts. In the meantime, you can create Companies through the XML-RPC API.

2 Likes

@Kyle_Westhorpe We’re happy to announce:

I’m running into this same issue with the new REST API. I add a company, and then add the contact with the associated company ID. Both are created, and in the search results page the correct company is shown, but when looking at the contact detail the company is displayed as “No name” and invoices I create for the customer have a blank company name. After I click save on the company page, the contact and invoices show the name of the company.