HTTP Error 403 CORS origin denied getting access token

Yeah, we already have created a ticket to update the docs. To be clear the spec does allow for accepting client credentials as application/x-www-form-urlencoded in the body but describes it as MAY not MUST so when I communicate to people I always steer them to the Basic Authorization header, especially when I read stuff like below. We use a 3rd party to handle our OAuth token processing so if there ever decide to change something I like to be conservative with the spec so we can hold them to it. Anyhow long winded apology for you are right :slight_smile: Glad everything is working now for you. If you run into anything else don’t hesitate to hit us up.

Including the client credentials in the request-body using the two
parameters is NOT RECOMMENDED and SHOULD be limited to clients unable
to directly utilize the HTTP Basic authentication scheme (or other
password-based HTTP authentication schemes). The parameters can only
be transmitted in the request-body and MUST NOT be included in the
request URI.

I am trying to get Access token (from the code received via OAUTH).

I am getting error:
‘{“error”:“invalid_request”,“error_description”:“response_type or grant_type is required”}’ } }

I have authentication header:
Authorization: Basic + base64_encode(CLIENT_ID + ‘:’ + CLIENT_SECRET)

POST PARAMETERS

redirect_uri: http://localhost:4321
grant_type: authorization_code
code:

Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=--------------------------490338410861714105830475

grant_type: code should fix it.

No it didn’t

Sorry I screwed up. Your original grant_type was correct. I tried to answer on the run. The post should look like this.

POST /token HTTP/1.1
     Host: api.infusionsoft.com
     Authorization: Basic czZCaGRSa3F0MzpnWDFmQmF0M2JW
     Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

grant_type=authorization_code&code=SplxlOBeZQQYbYS6WxSbIA
     &redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fclient%2Eexample%2Ecom%2Fcb

Make sure your client_id and client_secret are correct (If they work in the interactive REST docs then you should be good). Also make sure the Content-Type is application/x-www-form-urlencoded. The proivded auth header, code, and redirect_uri are for example. Make sure your redirect_uri is the same one you used to get the code. If you still can you give us the entire response including headers?

Actually I was using request-promise library to send the POST request.
It said its using:

Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

, but it was not.

I switched to basic https npm module from node it started working.

Also, I am not sure if the InfusionSoft server is able to understand

Content-Type: multipart/form-data;

with boundary.

Thanks for your help. Please have the documentation updated. Its not that starightforward as it is documented.

Example: Getting access token needs cleint_id and secret in Auth header but documentation says it should be a param. Refresh token’s documentation is correct.

@Himanshu_Phirke we are currently updating those docs and should be accurate on the next release. Unfortunately the /token endpoint is not an Infusionsoft server, it is our OAuth vendor Mashery. That is the main reason I urge everyone to stay as close to spec as possible, even if it works another way. Super happy you got it workin. Let us know if you need anything else.

1 Like

Thanks for your help @bradb.
My next job is to get tagged contacts via xml-rpc as REST does not support.

So a quick question, can I use the access token of oauth for XM-rpc calls? The documentation says so, but if you could provide a feedback, would be helpful for me

We use combined REST and API with the same token…yes absolutely.

2 Likes