How to add a survey into an email broadcast?

Im looking to send out a survey to my previous customers about a new product idea. Can I create a survey in Keap and send it in an email broadcast?

1 Like

Hi @Tani_Gordon - so the simple answer is yes, but you need to do some work.

1. Set up the questions you want to ask as custom fields
  2. Create a landing page with a form on, with these questions in (I’d also suggest a hidden email field if you are only giving this link to people via the Keap email)
  3. Put the link to the landing page in the email

Thats the basics, hope it helps

Andy

Andy’s suggestion is okay, but not what I’d do. A few issues: You’re limited on the number of custom fields you can create, which is 100. Also, they aren’t as easily set as other options you might have.

I would use a web form with radio buttons and check boxes and apply tags based on the answers. You can have an unlimited number of tags and they are easily used to trigger other actions or complete goals in campaigns.

The benefit of custom fields over tags is that they are easier to keep track of. If this survey is a standard thing you want all customers to do, you’ll have it around forever, and you don’t want/need to track customers’ changing answers over time, then custom fields would be the way to go. If you go tags, make good notes and solid tag descriptions so you know what they mean years from now.

You also can’t merge their responses into emails you send them or notifications to staff. Oh a good bit of news, custom field cap is increasing according to the video I saw on Facebook.

Andy

1 Like