Forms on mobile devices

Just found out from support that the forms created in Insfusionsoft will not work on mobile devices. Any way around this?

@Dale_Stonehocker,

Which forms are you referring to? Order forms, web forms, landing pages?

Thank you for the note John.

These are web forms in a campaign. There which had session I was advised that these will not work on mobile devices. I assume the answer I had there was correct and I did a bunch of research and couldn’t find any indication in the help screens are anywhere else that that was the case except for some hints. However, the problem may be that they do work in the answer I received was incorrect. Here’s the link to the form and when I send that link to myself, it opens on an iPad or an iPhone although in a small format but it still seems to be workable. So now I’m not sure if the answer I received is correct. https://ap378.infusionsoft.com/app/form/358cc2ea227598dbb8433c4797564160

Thanks for the inquiry.

Dale Stonehocker, Broker Associate
Space Simply
Licensed to sell Real Estate in Iowa
2200 NW 159th St.
Clive, IA 50325
Dale@The-Buyers-Broker.commailto:Dale@The-Buyers-Broker.com
Cell or Text: (515) 201-0574
[Signature Picture]

I would say that from my experience, that what you were told is correct. However, the new landing page builder has a HTML snippet that makes it possible to create custom fields and is much more mobile responsive and therefor, poses at least an alternative.

Thank you John. You know I haven’t thought about that and I think I need to do some more reading to understand what that landing page feature offers. It’s just that it’s so difficult to find time to do it. But you have probably pointed me in the right direction. If everyone would use a PC or Mac instead of the smart phone, I would be in good shape. Thank you so much for the help.

Space Simply
2200 NW 159th St.
Clive, IA 50325
[Signature Picture]

@Dale_Stonehocker, the web forms created in Infusionsoft work absolutely fine when accessed from a link in an email - but like you said they are very small. You can manipulate them on a mobile device but the experience isn’t optimal at all. The landing pages are much more user friendly regarding the size of the fields.

Thank you Cheryl.

I’m a one-man shop. I’m afraid I have so many clients that I just don’t have time to do this type of thing and if I had more clients, I would have less time for life. But typically in January and February things really slow down so I’m going to spend some time then looking at these landing pages and the whole concept. For now though, as long as people can expand that form in their mobile device, I think I’ll just roll with it. It would be a nicer Infusionsoft to deal with that issue as it is so simple to put in a form which is probably why I did it in the first place. Thanks again.

Space Simply
2200 NW 159th St.
Clive, IA 50325
[Signature Picture]

@Dale_Stonehocker, we do the very same thing. We still have several of the web forms out there that are Infusionsoft hosted even and while not optimized for mobile, they can be used as you described.

One quick thing you can do when you have a bit of time is to enlarge the font sizes of all text options in the web form design settings: field options, input, copy, etc.

Excellent idea. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

Space Simply
2200 NW 159th St.
Clive, IA 50325
[Signature Picture]

Glad to help, Dale!

Hi Dale,

Pretty sure this fix will work.

• Create an HTML snippet at the top of your form

• Place the below code into the HTML snippet:

.bodyContainer {max-width: 455px;
      width: 100%;}

^ be sure to include : the style brackets around the code above. For some reason, community strips it out.

This solution works on my hosted form, so hopefully it works on yours. :grinning:

I ran into this issue recently and I came up with a simple half-fix for this. It makes the web form load sized for mobile fairly well. I’m posting my solution here in case it helps anyone.

You would paste this code into an HTML snippet into script tags.

jQuery(‘head’).append(‘’);

jQuery(‘form.infusion-form’).css(‘display’, ‘inline-block’);
jQuery(‘div.mainContent’).css(‘display’, ‘inline-block’);
jQuery(‘body’).css(‘background-color’, ‘#cccccc’);

1 Like

Hey Jordan,

I was eager to try your solution, but unfortunately it didn’t make my web form appear any differently on mobile.

Any suggestions for what else to try, or anything you spot below that might be causing the problem?

Thanks so much!

Here is a screenshot of the HTML snippet I tried:

Here is a screenshot of what the web form looks like on mobile after publishing the web form with that HTML snippet.