findByEmail() always returns "ERROR: -1 - No method matching arguments: java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String" for a specific email address lookup

I have an application that programmatically creates new contacts in Infusionsoft using the ISDK. It calls the findByEmail() function to determine if a specific contact email address already exists in the database to prevent creating a duplicate contact.

For some reason, the findByEmail() function in the ISDK returns the following error each time I lookup a specific “@hotmail.com” email address.

"ERROR: -1 - No method matching arguments: java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String"

(I am holding off posting the specific email address for privacy, but it is an 8-character (account) alphanumeric only email address (English-US))

The error does not happen on the great majority of other email addresses I look up using this function.

The error occurs regardless of whether or not there is a contact in the database with a matching email address.

Is this a bug in the ISDK/function, or is there a known issue that pertains to this? Inquiring so that I can handle the server response appropriately.

Thanks!

I’ve not heard of this happening before but if you’d like to PM me the actual address, I can see if it triggers a memory of past quesions about email adds