File upload accepted extensions

Hello,

When I’m trying to upload RAR files I get the following error (using the new php sdk):

Unexpected]Error uploading file: Unsupported file type.

I can upload rar files using the old isdk, but not the new. Is there a list somewhere of supported file types? Or a way to allow certain filetypes?

Thanks.

I think you need to Base64 the file

I base64 encrypt the file contents as well.

I’ve also tried uploading the file as .txt (worked) & trying to rename it to .rar. I’ve got a similar error:

Unexpected]Error renaming file: Unsupported file type.

*.rar is not supported. We check the extension against a whitelist. The current whitelist for data files is…

The old SDK uses the same FileBoxService from XmlRpc, so I am not sure how this worked previously.

gif
jpg
png
jpeg
odf
odg
odm
odp
ods
odt
doc
docx
ppt
pptx
xml
pdf
tif
gif
png
jpg
jpeg
bmp
pcx
txt
xls
xlsx
htm
html
eps
ps
rtf
snp
zip
qt
mov
movie
hdmov
mnv
flv
f4p
hdv
divx
mp4
mp4v
mpg
mpeg
mpeg4
mpeg1
rm
vob
wmv
wm
avi
m4v
gvi
m2ts
wav
wma
mp3
mp4
mid
doc
docx
log
msg
pages
rtf
txt
wpd
wps
err
text
pwd
notes
xdl
wp
wp4
wp5
wp7
wsd
tif
tiff
gif
jpeg
jpg
jif
jiff
jp2
jpx
j2k
fpx
pcd
png
pdf
bmp
psd
pspimage
thm
yuv
cdr
csv
xlr
xls
xlsx
key
pps
ppt
pptx
xml
zip
jsp
html
htm
php
js
exe
com
bat
sh
dll

So this is a list of the ONLY extensions accepted? (by the way, a number of them are repeats :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

We actually have separate lists for different types of files (text, data, images, fax, audio, video, executable, etc). The API checks against each category to see if a file extensions is allowed. An extension can exist in more than category i.e. png is in fax and image). Internally we use these lists to enforce certain things like you can’t fax an exe. The list I posted was just a dump of the extensions without the category. Sorry about the dupes.

This is the base list that is used in every app. Our production operations team has the ability to manipulate the list per app I believe, but that is rare.

Very interesting…thanks! :smirk:

Do Infusionsoft also consider other file formats? like .STEP and .dxf? What if people from MFG/Construction users want to upload those 3D files per contacts?

Contact support to see if they can, and will, add the format extensions to your app.