Fault (code 0) occurred - Zapier

I’m using zapier to connect some other systems with infusionsoft, and I get this error message on Zapier:

‘Fault (code 0) occurred. Message: Failed to invoke method addToGroup in class com.infusionsoft.api.xmlrpc.XmlRpcContactService: contactId must be a valid id’

This only happens when I want to update fields in Infusionsoft, I also use Infusionsoft as my trigger and on those cases, I don’t get that error.

Can you guys help me with this? I don’t know how to fix this.

1 Like

It looks like you are trying to reference the ContactID within Infusionsoft by Keap. Since you said that it errors with 3rd party systems, but not with Infusionsoft by Keap triggered activity, it sounds like you are just missing a step when doing this via 3rd parties.

I would say that you need to insert a ’search’ step before this section of the Zap so that you can search/find the Infusionsoft by Keap contact you want to update. Once you find the contact you want, then use the ContactID that you pull from that search feature as the ContactID inside this step, and that should eliminate the issue.

Jeff

SB Certified Guide Sig.png

I contact Zapier as I am having the same issue.

From Zapier:

Turns out that there was a bit of a failure/bug in the Infusionsoft API within the past ~12 hours. The bug meant that every time we asked Infusionsoft for the ID of the contact to update, they returned the ID ‘0’ to us - which was incorrect. That meant that when we tried to update the contact with the ID 0, it failed.

It appears there is a know error that they are work on correcting.

1 Like

Did they say anything else? Any updates? I already contacted them but still no answer. Thank you.

This was their full response:

Thanks for reaching out!

Turns out that there was a bit of a failure/bug in the Infusionsoft API within the past ~12 hours. The bug meant that every time we asked Infusionsoft for the ID of the contact to update, they returned the ID ‘0’ to us - which was incorrect. That meant that when we tried to update the contact with the ID 0, it failed.

Whilst Replaying any Tasks sadly won’t get through, you should find that any new instances when the Zap is triggered go through okay. We do still have an open bug report for this issue, so if you see this happening again, please let me know.

As for the Tasks that errored, I’m afraid you will need to re-Trigger this Zap through your webhook in order to re-process those folks. Sorry for the hassle here.

Please let me know if you have other questions, and I’ll be happy to answer them!

Thanks,

Caleb

I have asked for more information, waiting on a reply.

It appears this is also and known issue: https://knownissues.infusionsoft.com/

• XMLRPC API ContactService.addWithDupCheck calls & REST API PUT /contacts calls returning responses indicating the call is failing, despite the calls being successful

It is indeed a known issue but has been indicated as fixed. If either of you are still seeing this happening, let them know so they will be aware that it still needs to be followed up on more:

@Francisco_Durazo
Has the issue been fixed yet?