Export a list based on date tag was added

Hi there,

I’d like to export a list of users who have had certain tags added to their profile within a recent time frame.

Does anyone know if this is possible and how it can be done?

Donal

1 Like

Hi, @Lainey_Quinn Go to Marketing > Reports > Tag Application and click on the Edit Criteria button.

1 Like

Worth noting that this report only pulls contacts who STILL have that tag. So, if that tag has been removed since it was originally applied, then the contact will not be included in that list.

4 Likes

Great point, @Greg_Jenkins. Additionally worth noting is that this report can only pull ALL tags applied or ONE tag applied during the selected time-frame. I would love it if we could select two or more tags as the search criteria and only pull peeps that have both (or all) of them.

This report can be exported, so you can manipulate the data in excel. You get one line for each tag/contact, so if you’re searching for all tags, you’ll get a line for each tag that was applied to each contact for that time period (One line for John Smith in Tag A. One line for John Smith in Tag B. One line for John Smith in Tag C).

It can be a useful report, but there are so many other things I would love to be able to see it report on, but .

Hi All

I actually need to pull email address as well. Is there anywhere that this is available? It’s not a column in that tag report and isn’t available in the customise section.

Not right off the bat, unfortunately, but there are a couple of ways to go about it. The easiest way would be to export a contact list of people who have the tags you’re searching for, then doing a second export on the tag application data, THEN doing a v-lookup to get the email field into the correct column based on the Contact ID. It’s a hack, but it will get you the info you need. Someone with API experience might be able to find a way to do it with a script, but wouldn’t be able to help you on that front.

1 Like

I took the vlookup option. Not ideal but I managed to get 90% of the data I needed.

2 Likes

I’m glad you were able to get what you needed!

1 Like