Email Template Default Font

This is a bit mad for a marketing product, but why should marketers have to use Times New Roman (default) serif font face for email templates which include compulsory, un-editable code blocks, such as double optin. If you want to use a sans-serif font for emails (which IS team is not uncommon) then you can change most of your email template to a sans-serif font only to be forced to use the default font for the non-editable code snippet. This makes the email look ugly, and if your brand is all sans-serif this is just a complete no no. My brand agency wanted to use a custom font, but I said, sorry no can do, but I can use Helvetica, so updated all the email templates to discover that sometime I HAVE to use Times New Roman! What sane marketing product in this day and age doesn’t give you control over the look and feel of your communications. It’s not the '90’s guys you need to amend this or as soon as folks are getting serious about building a brand they will have to start using Mailchimp or Sendgrid etc, which only opens the door to a wider conversation about suitability for a credible growing brand which only leads to consideration for where to go next - Marketo? Seriously, design, UX, look and feel are important to communications. It’s obvious you’ve worked really hard to try and make all this stuff accessible to almost anyone, but please cover the basics too. I have been on chat a few times now trying to resolve this issue and every time I get nowhere. If there is a way to do this then I apologise for venting, but this is frustrating.

2 Likes

Anyone else having this issue? Surely it’s not lost on everyone that in some places of your public facing comms you have no control at all of the fonts used in emails. Or am I missing something?

1 Like

Nope, you’re not alone! I’ve been equally frustrated by this as well… the default uneditable code blocks are extremely ugly

I’m right there with you. I discovered this thread when searching for how I could change my default font in Infusionsoft. PLEASE make this upgrade asap. - we also only use san serif in our brand communications, but I feel limited when forced to only use Helvetica. My colleagues that use Mail Chimp seem to have more editing capabilities than Infusionsoft :frowning:

Agree. This is very FRUSTRATING. Can someone from IS address this? We thought we were upgrading from Mailchimp but we’re finding a lot of takeaways.

Is clicking on the design tile at the left not providing the font(s) you need? Or is the problem that they don’t apply to individual sets of text?

They don’t apply to individual text.

Hi John,

I am using the WYSIWYG and there are certain compulsory blocks such as optin as in this example (see attached) where there is simply no way to access the formatting. I have annotated the attached screenshot to try and explain the issue more clearly.

Kind regards

James

Hi, @James_Jefferson,

As the builder is relatively new, they are continually working on improvements and may change that in the future. In the mean time, you can accomplish what you’d like with the HTML snippet and using custom html with style attribute values. Sorry, that’s the best I can tell you at the moment.

I feel your frustration 100%! Keap is awful and a company i work with is tethered to it. I cant wait for the day we can abandon this dinosaur product for something modern. its shocking they made it this far as a company.