Email Builder HTML Block - Strips Out Code Every Time!

The financial services business I run has to have a lot of terms it needs to add to the bottom of all of our emails for compliance purposes, we are not allowed to use links to a web page.

Unfortunately the terms are big, 5 paragraphs, and I want to make it fit within the email and not feel like it is the entire focus of it.

So to get around the limitation of the email builder, of ONLY having ONE main body text style, and TWO headings styles (only bolded and min. 16 point font) we decided to create an HTML block.

My email developer then gave me the code below that encompasses the terms in, we have it at 10 point at the moment:

Equity Story Pty Ltd (ABN 94 127 714 998) is registered with the Australian Securities and Investment Commission under Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) 343937.

General Advice Warning: This research does not constitute a personal recommendation or consider the investment objectives, financial situation or needs of individual clients. Clients should consider whether any advice or recommendation in this research is suitable for their particular circumstances and, if appropriate, seek professional advice, including tax advice.

Quoted Results: *Past results are no guarantee of future returns. Assumes members bought and sold all recommendations at recommended price points. Does not consider tax, transaction or any other costs.

Guidance Only: Companies specified in our ‘Weekly Buy & Sell Signals’/ ‘Einstein’s Trends’ are for guidance only, and are not recommendations to buy or sell any specific equities.

Miscellaneous: Equity Story provides services to Edison Capital Pty Ltd. There may be circumstances whereby Edison Capital Pty Ltd will hold, buy and/or sell equities recommended by Equity Story to trialists of Equity Story & subscribers to ‘Trader 5’, ‘Trader Pro’ and ‘Trader X’ Equity Story memberships, at differing times and price points.

This is clean, its checked with Litmus and works in every email service provider as its built to our standard build method.

Once its in Infusionsoft the system rips it out in all test sends and it doesn’t display in the editor well and just removes it completely on a send.

Am I missing something here as myself and my developer are pulling our hair out!

Thanks

Kevan

Ironically, the editor has turned it into perfect text I am looking for from the CRM!

Unbelievable!

Wrap the entire thing into a div and replace your double br tags with an open/closed p tag

<div>
<span style="font-size: 10px !important; line-height: 13px; !important">
<strong>Equity Story Pty Ltd (ABN 94 127 714 998)</strong> is registered with the Australian Securities and Investment Commission under Australian Financial Services <strong>Licence (AFSL) 343937</strong>.
<p></p>
<strong>General Advice Warning</strong>: This research does not constitute a personal recommendation or consider the investment objectives, financial situation or needs of individual clients. Clients should consider whether any advice or recommendation in this research is suitable for their particular circumstances and, if appropriate, seek professional advice, including tax advice.
<p></p>
<strong>Quoted Results</strong>: *Past results are no guarantee of future returns. Assumes members bought and sold all recommendations at recommended price points. Does not consider tax, transaction or any other costs.
<p></p>
<strong>Guidance Only</strong>: Companies specified in our ‘Weekly Buy &amp; Sell Signals’/ ‘Einstein’s Trends’ are for guidance only, and are not recommendations to buy or sell any specific equities.
<p></p>
<strong>Miscellaneous</strong>: Equity Story provides services to Edison Capital Pty Ltd. There may be circumstances whereby Edison Capital Pty Ltd will hold, buy and/or sell equities recommended by Equity Story to trialists of Equity Story &amp; subscribers to ‘Trader 5’, ‘Trader Pro’ and ‘Trader X’ Equity Story memberships, at differing times and price points.
</span>
</div>
1 Like

Hi John, that’s amazing, thanks I have just briefed my dev…

1 Like

Glad it got you working :wink: