Deterring Spam Bots - All Suggestions Not Working

My website - eb5link.com since transferring to Keap Pro has been getting 2-3 spam form fill outs a day.

For reference, we we’re using constant contact or Hubspot for the past 3 years with no spam issues at all. The moment we transferred to Keap Pro we have been getting 2-3 spam contacts every day.

The spam is realistic spam, meaning they are all different and have legitimate emails and names but clearly spam so there’s no easy way to single them out.

We’ve followed the needed steps here - https://help.keap.com/help/deterring-spam-bots

And none helped. Duplicating forms and ensuring Google Recaptcha is on has done nothing and we are still getting spam.

Currently, I’m going to implement the honeypot method (Deterring Spam Bots | Max Classic) but would love if someone could look into why there is so much spam coming through our Keap forms when we never had an issue before?

These spam bots have became too sophisticated so simple honeypots are not useful anymore. Try SpamKill (www.spamkill.co), it stops all the spam submissions.

We’ve received over 1,000 spam bot webform submissions just in the last 30 days. The bots continue to get passed Captcha and the Honeypots I’ve attempted to make. (For example, the action set to remove all phone numbers that begin with zero, doesn’t effectively do so.) I’m now reading about Java-script tricks to break up the code and trick the bots, but I’m not a coder and I’m just as likely to break something as fix it.

Is paying for spamkill really the answer? Has it worked for anyone?

Thank you,
Justin B.

SpamKill works, there is no doubt in it. If you are a member of Keap User Groups on Facebook, you can search for the reviews.

I have attached a screenshot for your reference.

Isn’t this what we pay hundreds of dollars a month to Keap for? Why is that Keap is under specific attack from spambots? I want someone from Keap to speak on Evan_Laird’s original issue. Before I spend HOURS setting up honeypots which sound like they won’t work. Keap, YOU BUY spamkill.co and integrate for your thousands of business customers that are under ATTACK constantly.

1 Like