Custom unsubscribe page

I can’t seem to find a way to search the forums, sorry if this has been asked before (probably has)

I’d like to edit the page a user is taken to when they click the unsubscribe button. By default it asks the user why, I’d like to change that page to allow the user to edit their email preferences or unsubscribe from all as an option not the rule.

Is this possible? Thanks

You can’t do much with the unsubscribe, however, you can additionally offer a way for them to ‘manage their email preferences’ with a webform that will raise tags to remove them from the selected campaigns. Often that’s all they want, and then often they just want to opt out all together. But the opt out process is locked down pretty tightly by IS.

@John_Borelli, thank you for your answer! Can you tell us if there is a possibility to translate it in other language than the usual?

Unfortunately no. The unsubscribe link is intentionally not made available for changes by Infusionsoft to prevent people from getting around it’s inclusion. (you’d be surprised how many people would rather spam others than give them the chance to opt out of their marketing which, of course is very poor practice). So Infusionsoft doesn’t permit changing any part of it directly. There would be a way to do it with code but that kind of information is stripped from emails to prevent such modifications as well. What you CAN do, however, is to add an additional optout link that is in a different language but you would still be limited to the character set and most languages don’t carry over very well in that process.

Bummer to hear, but it does seem there’s a way to minimize the “unsubscribe” option and draw attention to a strategically placed “update email preferences” option. There’s some great suggestions in this blog for what to do on that “update” page. https://www.infusionsoft.com/business-success-blog/marketing/email-marketing/14-best-practices-for-email-unsubscribes

1 Like

Just to make sure I understand - because I don’t think (and I’m not) she’s asking for a way AROUND the “unsubscribe” rather how can we brand it with our language? And you’re saying that’s not possible - that’s a page we can’t edit?

Lastly your suggestion of “Web form” is basically saying build another page/ webform and offer it as a different LINK in the footer and hope the consumer who’s wanting to opt out pics your link instead of the IS Unsubscribe link, correct. It’s a gamble…

It’s not a gamble. It’s a matter of how you ‘market’ it. If your link is presented as an email preferences center that allows the user to have control over what they receive in information then most users prefer that over outright opting out.