Cross-promotion between two apps with an API call

So, if I wanted to have the notification of a person who opts into a landing page on one app notify back to the app that sent emails initially referring their list to the landing page to begin with, how do I write that api call? Or can I? Would like to keep track on the original app who’s opting into the offers they are being presented, wasn’t sure of a best practice.

I’m not sure I’m clear here, so forgive my confusion.

• Infusionsoft Application A has a campaign with a Landing Page Goal.
  • Infusionsoft Application B has a broadcast with a link to Application A’s Landing Page Goal.

You want Application A to notify Application B? What kind of notification?

This kind of integration will generally require custom code on a third party server, in which case it would look like this:

• Infusionsoft Application A has a campaign with a Landing Page Goal leading to a Sequence containing a Web Request action.
  • Infusionsoft Application B has a broadcast with a link to Application A’s Landing Page Goal.
  • User submits form on Application A’s Landing Page.
  • Application A achieves the Landing Page Goal and proceeds to trigger a Request to Custom Application C, living on a hosted server.
  • Custom Application C receives the request and accesses Application B’s API to generate a new object representing the action.

Still, this seems very convoluted for something that is generally done just inside one Campaign in a single Infusionsoft Application. Maybe if you describe what you are trying to achieve as the end-goal we can find an easier way to go about it?

I get the feeling I am wildly overcomplicating this.

What I’m trying to accomplish is to get a campaign started in one app, but
when someone goes to the recommended landing page, hosted by the second
app, their opt in should trigger the stopping of his email sequence.

I hope this clarfies, but let me know if you have questions.

Thanks,

I passed this question along to our API Support Representative, and this was his reply: