Contacts API

I currently create a contact along with a note using the api endpoints. Is there a way to insert a line break or newline I tried \n and
in the string but this is not working. Even If i hit enter in the notes sections on the contact it does not insert a newline. Is there a way to bold a part of the string as well?
Also is there an endpoint I can call to create a personal note? When I click on the contact I see a tab called personal note.
Thank you

Jorge:

The notes in the system don’t accept line breaks — via API or when creating them in person … all text just flows.

For the Person Notes field that you see the tab for — that is the Contact Notes field in the Contact record.

Jeff

email-sig-storybrand-certified-guide-60.png

Thank you Jeff for the quick response.
Regarding the Person Notes field I am looking at the API documentation I don’t see a property Contact notes field. Is it a custom field?
We have a client that is Keap certified and they want to be able to have a conversation separated by newlines. I am looking into creating a custom field for contacts however, will the system accept line breaks?
Thanks!

Sorry … I’ll have to get with my API guy.

Thought it was Contact Note or Person Notes in the back-end.

Jeff

Okay thanks please let me know. Also I am not sure if this is possible but I was able to create a custom field using contacts/model/customFields however, I do not see an attribute to store the data in. Is it possible to create a custom field and store data inside of it?

I don’t think you can create the custom field via api … I think you need to create it, then feed data to it

Thanks Jeff,
Any update on if there a possible method to write to person notes field tab in the contacts page?

Should be ContactNotes:
https://developer.infusionsoft.com/docs/table-schema/

Jeff