Company/Contacts "Type" Column Re-use

Hi,
Under a specific company, clicking the contacts tab show a bunch of contacts linked to that company. The columns displayed are Name, Phone, Email,Type,Primary Contact and Remove. I would like to insert the contacts job title in this view. Currently, I no use for Type or Primary contact. Can I re-use the Type column for my purpose.

The problem is all these people are linked to this company, so I need a way to see who does what…how can we determine who does sales (job title or “Type” = Sales), who does returns (job title or “Type” = RMA department) , who supports computers (job title or “Type” = Tech), ect. I need a Job Title column or something similar displayed. Or access to the “Type” field.

Suggestions Please?

You can change the values visible on the Contact Type field from the CRM Settings screen.

Topnav > CRM > Settings

It’s the first large textbox on the right.

Hi Tom,

That looks good for the Contact Type field.

But the field I’m trying to locate and change is just “Type”. In that column the current displayed field is “general”.

General is not one of my Contact Type fields available. Please advise.

Under a specific company, clicking the contacts tab show a bunch of contacts linked to that company. The columns displayed are Name, Phone, Email, Type ,Primary Contact and Remove.
I would like to insert the contacts job title in this view. Currently, I no use for Type or Primary contact. Can I re-use the Type column for my purpose.

The problem is all these people are linked to this company, so I need a way to see who does what…how can we determine who does sales (job title or “Type” = Sales), who does returns
(job title or “Type” = RMA department) , who supports computers (job title or “Type” = Tech), ect. I need a Job Title column or something similar displayed. Or access to the “Type” field.

Suggestions Please?