Can Infusionsoft determine Google Ads as a lead source?

I’m trying to see how Infusionsoft is classifying leads in the automated lead sourcing feature. We’re running Google Ad campaigns that link to pages containing forms and are not sure if Infusionsoft is able to tell which contacts these are, and also how it’s classifying them when it comes to exporting the data for these contacts.

I can see Google Organic, myurl.co.uk direct, and myurl.co.uk referral. Are any of these the term used for Google Ads?

Also, most of the leads have no lead source at all, why would this be? And what are they likely to be?

I appreciate that these are very tedious questions but it’s difficult to find any information on such a specific topic. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,
Joe

Interesting question, now I’m not 100% on this but maybe by using UTM you could do this.

The way you could definitely do this is have the google ads directing to pages that can only be arrived at from the ad, and have a unique form on that page (which could simply be a copy of another form). By definition they must have come via a google ad so you can set the leadsource at that point

1 Like

Hi Andy,

Thanks for getting back to me. It may have to come down to that.

Something we’ve done in the past is set up each Google Ads campaign with a unique ID that displays in the URL. We set up a hidden field for ‘Google Ads ID’ on the form that once submitted, will grab the ID from the URL and pass it along in the custom field.

It was a fair amount of work and we only used it because we had a lot of campaigns all pointing to one form on the website.

We may just have to go with a similar solution this time around as well, or use separate forms like you suggested.

Thanks again,
Joe

1 Like