Can I search for a contact by their phone number with the REST API?

I would like to be able to search for a contact by phone number. Our system is heavily focused in being able to search by a phone number. Right now I only see given_name, email, family_name as search criteria.

Thank you!

1 Like

Yes, it can but using the SDK (not REST). The SDK has a table search method you can query on the phone1 field in the Contact table for.

1 Like

We don’t index the phone numbers of Contacts directly yet, so if you wanted to provide search for this in a responsive manner to your clients I would suggest caching a lookup table on your end with the contact id and phone number (remembering that each Contact can have multiple), then using a Resthook to keep it in sync with updates to the Contacts.

1 Like

@John_Borelli @TomScott How can our developer access the SDK?

Look at the links/icons under libraries on this page: Developer Guide - Keap Developer Portal

Hi @TomScott , about a year ago, you mentioned you “don’t index the phone numbers of Contacts directly yet.” Is there any update on the progress on adding the ability to search by phone number? Is there another solution other than using XML-RPC or REST Hooks?

Unfortunately I have nothing further to update on this yet.