Can I add ConfirmAction to a Email Campaign?

Hi there

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help. I wanted to add a ConfirmAction to an email campaign in Infusionsoft. So for example, if someone just needed to approve something, it would have a button that the recipient could click without opening the email.

Here’s some links showing what I mean:

and

The problem appears to be that I can only add HTML code to an email campaign, so on the face of it doesn’t seem possible, however I was wondering if there was a work around or something developmentally that would be done as I think it would be a really useful feature, certainly for our business we would use it in numerous scenarios.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Chloe

Hi, @Tom_Street,

Your example for gmail has to do specifically with how gmail operates and this would not be the same across all email systems. If an email is viewed in preview mode then you could create a button in the email that someone could click and it would raise a tag for you in Infusionsoft. But to affect things in an email ‘list’ in email clients can vary from one client to the next.

Hi John

Thanks for this. Completely appreciate what you are saying. For our purposes though we would only be using on a gmail platform. Essentially we want to send emails to our consultants (who all use gmail via our google apps on our domain) which very quickly lets them answer a question without having to open the email. Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, @Tom_Street,

So it may be possible then. Infusionsoft doesn’t allow the script tag generally but that’s a different kind of “script” using json markdown…so if editing the code of the email (not straight builder mode but the code builder) then it’s possible that might get through ok.

However, they also have something called “microdata” which I know is allowed in code builder. It is used to add elements to standard html and modify the html tag entries with properties. Google has provided this and in the example below it uses it (item elements like itemProp, itemScope, itemType are what I’m referring to). Now I know Infusionsoft doesn’t have any issue with these because they use them in the emails they send out already. So the link to the reference is the Google MicroData link you also shared above. Clicking on the “micro data” tab about half way down the page for the ‘confirm action’ and ‘save action’ examples is how it’s done. This would mean that you would need to provide code to the code builder to setup the email but it also means it is most definitely doable :wink:

<div itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/EmailMessage">
  <div itemprop="potentialAction" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/ConfirmAction">
    <meta itemprop="name" content="Approve Expense"/>
    <div itemprop="handler" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/HttpActionHandler">
      <link itemprop="url" href="https://myexpenses.com/approve?expenseId=abc123"/>
    </div>
  </div>
  <meta itemprop="description" content="Approval request for John's $10.13 expense for office supplies"/>
</div>
1 Like

Hi John
I realise this is a very long time to reply :grimacing:.

I have finally got round to attempting to do this, but I can’t seem to get it to work. When I past in the code in the HTML code block it says it will strip out anything that is not html and when I then send a test it doesn’t work. Can you understand why this could be? Is there a way round it?

Many thanks in advance.

All the best

Dear @ John_Borelli
I also found this thread, but no responses. There doesn’t seem to be much in Google search.

I think I have worked it out. In order to send the emails, you have to be approved by Google first

See this link: Gmail Inbox Actions can improve your transactional emails | Postmark

And then the form is here:

If my understanding is correct?

I think once you are approved it would start working. I think at this stage we don’t have enough volume to make this work or get approval. But definitely something for the future.

Thanks for your help.

Tom