B2B best practices

Using Infusionsoft for B2B in a complex sales model where the decision is typically made by a committee and the actual sales engagement last 6-9 months. This is a “contemplated” purchase - often a CapEx budget is required, or funds are diverted from other projects to our outcome… and our targets normally have sales no lower than $100m and many firms are north of $1B. The “CEO of the Problem” is always in Operations, but IT and Finance are typically part of the decision process. We are a small business - our eco-system is mainly comprised of firms our size. The access point into most organizations vary, but it’s generally definable. (it’s not a “buyer”). Looking for B2B suggestions for getting suspects into the Infusionsoft “customer lifecycle”. Most of the IS literature and case studies feature B2C operations where the seller (me) is trying to connect w individual buyers, or husband and wife decision makers. Coupons, newsletters etc tend to be more applicable to that audience - not so much for mine as the B2B buyer hides behind voicemail and email because they are so “crazy busy”. Looking for any novel, creative or unique strategies to attract top of funnel contacts. All suggestions welcomed.

Hi Scott,

There are a lot of ways to do this. Some are more effective in different industries. Here are the thing I’d be trying/doing:

• Direct mail
  • Cold-calling
  • Cold-emailing
  • FB audience - targeted ads - drive to landing page for consultation
  • Speaking at events where your audience attends - SMS lead capture from stage
  • Purchasing leads (lots of lead vendors in the B2B space, depending on industry)

None of these are “novel, creative, or unique” like you asked for. But, sometimes it just requires pounding the pavement.

As long as you can get decent lead flow, the game here is personalized long term follow up and providing value over the long haul.

Tyler.
Thanks for the “holiday” response. Perhaps you recognize my name - we subscribed to the SuccessLab program last week… Looking forward to getting started this week.

Hey - all good responses - would like to engage one level deeper.

Direct mail - We do this and I understand. My primary question around Direct Mail - what strategy get’s a target (Contact) to say “yes” I want to “opt in to your Marketing Automation” via Direct Mail? Am I looking for an approach that takes the target to a landing page? Seems a bit unique - connecting snail mail to a web URL?

Cold-calling - Do this and ask if we can send relevant info as it becomes available… we consider this a “yes” to the Opt-in question (perhaps a bit aggressive) - but we don’t typically get a high “yes” rate here.

Cold-emailing - same as #1 above… we use various CTAs and get some movement here too.

FB audience - targeted ads - drive to landing page for consultation - have done this for the past 4 months… lots of “trolls”, hidden behind FB, and those who do hit our Click Funnels landing pages share their personal info. We are reluctant to ask for Company name fearing it’s too much data on the form. This program has been underwhelming to date and the stats reflecting impression are well above average.

Speaking at events where your audience attends - SMS lead capture from stage - interesting… difficult to do this well. Have seen competitors spend a large portion of their marketing budget here, fill the room and have limited traction after the event where they captured complete audience contact info as a result of a scan process. Not sure I can see a way to do it better as I know several of the leaders and felt their execution was nearly flawless.

Purchasing leads (lots of lead vendors in the B2B space, depending on industry) - shocking… this is such a red flag in the Infusionsoft world. Like most of my peers, I’ve found few that are reliable - we generally look for Account names and do our own research on the Contacts using a variety of sources to cull names, phone numbers, and email addresses. But we never use Infusionsoft for these Contacts until they Opt In from one from one of the strategies above.

If you have a minute - would be interested in your follow on thoughts. Thanks.