AttachEmail Date

Hi,
I am trying to use attachEmail from the APIEmailService to populate old email history on contacts. Despite specifying a sent data the date in the email list on the contact appears to be the date the record was created instead of the sent or received date for the email. If I open the email I can see the date that I sent in but in the email list it shows the create date of the record. Based on the description in the API it seems like the date in the list should be the received or sent date of the email. Is there any way to have it display that way?

Thanks,
Scott

Yes, the “Recent Email History” list on a Contact incorrectly shows when the Mail record was added, but the API call is definitely adding the SentDate to the record.

We should have a fix for this out in the next week or so.

TomScott
Has this been corrected? I am still seeing the emails ordered by date they were created.
Thanks,
Scott

It was corrected, but testing exposed a secondary issue regarding existing broadcast data that was complicating the resolution and we’ve had to revert for the moment while we address it. We do have a ticket open internally to fix it in a more maintainable manner, which should hopefully be addressed soon.

1 Like