ADF Email Address? (Auto-lead Data Format)

We’re trying to connect Infusionsoft with a text message chat support platform called Podium. Their Zapier app is in beta and not currently accessible but they’ve explained that they can easily connect to Infusionsoft in another way and all they need is an ADF Email Address and name of my application.

I spoke to Keap chat support and they weren’t familiar with the term. How can I go about providing Podium with an ADF Email Address in order to set up this connection?

Thanks,
Joe

I think what they are talking about is that they want an email from you in a standardized format (inside a campaign) that will feed them data so that they can use Zapier to parse that data, read it, then trigger something inside of Podium.

If it isn’t that, I have no clue, as I’ve never heard that ADF term — and it’s not an “Infusionsoft thing”.

Jeff

email-sig-storybrand-certified-guide-60.png

1 Like

They would have to provide you with their ADF standard and a text only email that is formatted the way they describe would need to be setup.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. I spoke to them again and they said the following:

"ADF is more generalized across a variety of customer management systems. From my knowledge it would be something that is configured within InfusionSoft itself. Usually it is a specialized email just for forwarding lead info in a specific format which is automatically read by the system and then input.

To get that set up, you may need to contact either the admin of the InfusionSoft configuration that you are attempting to set up for."

I can’t make head nor tail of what they’re asking for. Do you have any idea?

Thanks,
Joe

Hi, @Joe_Gillespie,

It appears that it was specifically created by the auto industry to standardize email communications regarding possible buyers and their automotive interests (as best I can make out). They have an XML format (I’ll give an example image below) that is used to communicate this information in a standard format for other applications to use/communicate with. I think it would be necessary to have some code written that captures information from an http post and populates those “fields” in the XML packet and then email that XML packet. Though I’m not sure of all the details for emailing that packet, it does seem true that the XML standardized format is what they are referring to.