Adding contact record when a purchaser enters their guest information in a campaign form

Hi there,

Does anyone know if you can add/create a contact record using the name and email address someone enters into a form in a campaign? Let me give some background…

We have a LIVE event taking place in OCT, people purchase tickets to this event. However several people will purchase multiple tickets (for themselves and those they have attending with them). Once they purchase they are taken to a form where they can enter the name and email address of the people who will be attending with them. We currently have that information stored in custom fields on the purchasers profile. However we need to create the personalized ticket for each attendee AND send them reminders of the event and sessions they wish to attend.

Do we need to create a contact record for the guests, in order to email them directly? We sometimes will broadcast out special events that have been added to the main event (so they can sign up for free for those session) up until the time of the event in OCT. These new contact records will not be marketable we just need to be able to send them info related to this event. OR, Can we send a email to an email address contained in a custom field? I don’t know why I can’t seem to wrap my head around how to handle this situation…

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
CAM

1 Like

Hi Cassandra,
I’d love to know what you figured out. We intend to use Infusionsoft order forms for our events. We expect a similar scenario where one person registers and pays for multiples. I’m looking for automation solutions.
Christopher

Hi Christopher,

We were able to put something together based on this youtube video someone forwarded to me. The video is a bit convoluted in the beginning and he seems to be thinking through the process so the end result is not what was discussed in the beginning of the video but I did find it helpful.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Cassandra

Thank you Cassandra. This is helpful in thinking about possibilities. It doesn’t offer what we’re looking for, which is a way to create a contact record for additional registrants, but it gets the juices flowing.
Christopher

Hi Christopher,

In thinking about it…I wonder if there may be a way to piggy-back off of what was shown in the video by taking the guest email address entered and sending them a customized double opt-in email (or an email which takes them to a custom opt-in form) perhaps? Explaining that [purchasers-name] has just purchased a ticket for them to attend XYZ event and in order to receive all the event details and updates you invite them to complete…

This would then allow the guest to decide to be on the mailing list for the event. Therefore doing away with any GDPR or CCPA issues. I have not tried this mind you…just trying to think through some possibilities.

If you do figure out a viable solution, I would love to hear how you accomplished it. We have another LIVE event coming up soon.

Cassandra