API Feature request?

Is it possible to make feature request for API?

It would be nice to have bulk update function, where we can pass array for each “Id” in an array, to update all of those in bulk. That would save some api calls for many developers I believe.

Array(
1=>array(‘FirstName’=>… , ‘LastName’=>…),
2=>array(‘FirstName’=>… , ‘LastName’=>…)
)

A similar bulk call for group Assign would be very useful too.

1 Like

Thanks @Mihir_Dhandha for the feedback. It has been passed onto our product development team as valuable feedback.

Good news part of this has been implemented and is documented here: Keap REST API
Up to 100 tags can be applied to a single contact in one API call instead of using 100 separate API calls.

1 Like

Is there any update on the full feature? Tagging in bulk is fine, but I need to Create / Update contacts in bulk via a batch process.

1 Like

@Kevin_C_Gall, the primary use-case we saw when implementing this feature was attempts to target many contacts’ tag list at once; could you explain your own use-case a bit further, so we can take a look at it as well?

I have a nightly batch of contacts that are identified in my CRM as needing to be sent to Infusionsoft. Some of them may already be contacts that I can manipulate tags on, but some of them will not, and I need to be able to add them as contacts in infusionsoft.
It is impractical at this time for me to develop a comprehensive integration with IS that imports contacts as they are created. Therefore, I need to be able to add them during my nightly batch.

I also cannot send hundreds of sequential REST callouts for practical reasons. (I think those APIs would get throttled by your system, anyway.) Basically, I would like a way to do it directly with IS APIs and not using an intermediary process or application that has to translate my batch of contacts into the necessary API calls over the necessary period of time.

2 Likes

I have the same need. I’d like to Bulk Update contacts (all fields, tags, custom fields, etc…) in a nightly job so that I don’t get throttled by making massive updates to your system every time a user does something in the system. Any word on how this can be done? Thanks!

There hasn’t been an update to REST as of yet to allow for multiple contact updates in a single call. I’ve personally come across a number of projects needing this approach and it works well to just do self throttling so that the limits are never met. Most of the time when it’s necessary, I just schedule a job to run around 2am and keep running from a cached process that self meters. At least, that’s the only way we’ve done it until batch updates are possible.

Yeah makes sense, unfortunately I think our app will likely blow away the 125,000 call quota even if we do it this way. We have almost that many users (and growing fast), and will potentially need to make that many calls in a single night.

Surly they aren’t all requiring updates every night? Can you track what needs updating so that you only need to use calls for them?