Question 1-Click Unsubscribe?

Is there a way to execute a 1-click unsubscribe? I looked at all of the actions, and I don't see that I can automate it via clicking on a link in an email. I want to make it really simple for opting out.

Thanks!

Jack

You can't update a contact's opt-in / opt-out status from Campaign Builder or even Legacy Action sets for that matter, but you can... Set up a link in a CB email that directs the user to a "Unsubscribed" landing page, followed by a sequence that applies an "unsubscribe" tag to their record. Then... periodically search contacts for that tag then 1) change the opt-in/opt-out status for those contacts, and 2) remove the tag you used to filter these records.

Voila... a 1-click unsubscribe from the Contact's perspective.
    Last edited by cwlee_klagroup; 05-18-2013 at 09:13 AM.

Infusionsoft Developer

You can also set up a campaign with a link click goal that is satisfied by an "unsubscribe" link in your emails. When clicked, the goal would be satisfied which stops the sequence... Unsubscribing them from that specific content.

Yep, as Mike suggests, it's even simpler if you only want that campaign's subscription stopped. In this case you'll still want to apply a tag so you have a history "record" that this person opted-out from this particular campaign.

We do this and build a branch into the first step of every "subscription" campaign to confirm whether or not the contact has previously "unsubscribed" from that specific campaign (or all campaigns). If any of those tags exist, the branch re-directs them to a double opt-in sequence to document they really want to resubscribe before we re-start their subscription. If none of the tags exist then the contact just proceeds down the main branch of the campaign and starts receiving the subscription content.

BTW, you don't have to use a double opt-in sequence. You could use another email with a click-link and goal like Mike suggests which lets them re-start the subscription with just a single opt-in.

Campaign Builder Mad Scientist Paul Sokol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mike.daniels View Post
    You can also set up a campaign with a link click goal that is satisfied by an "unsubscribe" link in your emails. When clicked, the goal would be satisfied which stops the sequence... Unsubscribing them from that specific content.
    This is definitely the simplest and quickest way to do a "One click unsubscribe"