Campaign Builder - Tag radio button answers on web forms

Hello,

Does anyone know it is possible to tag a contact based on a radio button selection on a submitted web form. For example, a web form has 3 options.

If contact A chooses radio button option 1 - they get follow-up sequence 1.

If contact B chooses radio button option 2 - they get follow-up sequence 2.

If contact C chooses radio button option 3 - they get follow-up sequence 3?

I believe it was possible to tag contacts based on their radio button submissions on web forms on the previous IS version. I appreciate your time and energy. Thank you.

JT
    JT
    "Learning is a lifelong adventure."
    My LinkedIn

Put the Radio Button Snippet on the webform. You notice there are no Actions

Drag three seperate sequence out onto the canvass and connect them. A descision point appears. Click it.

It has the Rule wizard in it. The Wizard knows that radio buttons are on the webform and therefore allows you to specify those as rules to initiate each of the sequences.

Should you simply wish to record a tag if an radio option is ticked, just put the Tag icon in the seuence and nothing else.

David Holland
    Infusionsoft Certified Consultant
    Most Helpful Developer Partner of the Year 2012
    T: +44(0)844 995 2200
    E: david@exela.co.uk
    W: http://exela.co.uk

Thanks David!

This feature is so cool. I implemented this feature in my campaign. I'm really excited about he new campaign builder. The campaign I just built is my most complex campaign to date and it was so easy thanks to the new campaign builder!

JT
    JT
    My LinkedIn

Smile

I'm new to both InfusionSoft and obviously the new campaign builder.

My question is related. What if there are no radio buttons in the form at all and only one desired sequence? How would I apply a tag to everyone who submitted the form, and therefore connect all of them to the desired sequence?

You said:

Should you simply wish to record a tag if an radio option is ticked, just put the Tag icon in the sequence and nothing else.
    Is this the answer to my question or something different?

Are you saying in sequence builder to manually drag a tag and put it after "start" and before the first email?

Thank you for helping to clear up my confusion. I find IS very powerful but I'm still trying to find my way around.

Hello,

I'll let David answer this. He's better at explaining. Thank you!

JT
    JT
    My LinkedIn

Okay...your webform is a goal. It was a goal of traffic to get someone to fill in the webform.

Once the webform is filled in you have placed your sequence and dragged the arrow connector. So the sequence starts automatically.

Whe you double click the sequence you can put in timers, communications, and processes. One of the processes is a tag.

So if you want to record that the webform was sumbitted just put a tag icon next to the start icon and double click to specific which tag.

If you want to add other tags after a period of time, you can use the timers. I recommend putting a tag in the begining of the sequence that tags it is running. The remove this tag at the end and tag the record that the sequence has finished.

Make sense?

David Holland
    Infusionsoft Certified Consultant
    Most Helpful Developer Partner of the Year 2012
    T: +44(0)844 995 2200
    E: david@exela.co.uk
    W: http://exela.co.uk

Yes, I think that does... thank you.