Infusionsoft Certified Consultant

Assessment Quiz - Action Sequence Based on Results

Hello, I am very new to Infusionsoft and am wondering if there is any way to create an online assessment quiz that will total the score and based on the result will kick off an action sequence to send the appropriate follow up Emails.

I understand we could create a Web Form for the questions however they are unable to total the score. Is there an API available or some other method of doing this?

We are currently using Assessment Generator and are limited in providing adequate automated follow-up to help the individual access the correct information after the quiz has been completed.

Thank you.

This is achievable a number of ways, both with and without the API. Although most of the ideas that come to mind will require at least a small amount of scripting. The method below will save you from having to do any API programming.

Create a custom field inside Infusionsoft to hold the total score. Create a scripted (non-Infusionsoft) web form for all of the questions and have this post to a script on your server which will total the points, and then submit an Infusionsoft form that contains this total points field using something like PHP cURL (so customers only submits your form while your server does the calculations and submits I.S. form). On the Infusionsoft web form actions you can then create conditional actions based on the value of the total points custom field.
    JUSTIN GOURLEY
    Test Automation Engineer

"The fish who keeps on swimming, is the first to chill upstream" - 311

Infusionsoft Certified Consultant
    Thank you very much Justin for the great reply and recommendation! I really appreciate your assistance.

We had a client that wanted to do something similar - we took an approach similar to what Justin described. We did a little write up on in that may be helpful, you can find it on our blog.

It contains the sample javascript that we used to do what Justin described, and instructions on modifying the Infusionsoft form so you don't have to completely roll your own.
    Last edited by Andy Michaels; 08-04-2011 at 09:21 AM.

Andy, I took the bait - I want it! Your blog post lured me in. I hope I won't be sequenced to death, but I'm willing to take the chance to figure this out.

JUSTIN! Has your recommendation changed post-new-release? I have a 20 question quiz that MUST get weighted to come out with one of three Action Sets. Is there a way to make this in Campaign Builder that I just can't see?

Thanks in advance.

Wendy

Sounds like this is what you're looking for:
    http://webmarketingessentials.com/pr...infusionsurvey

If you are looking to do a quiz tied into Infusionsoft you can also check out Questionmine on the Marketplace. Questionmine enables you to create surveys, quizzes, polls, and Interactive Video Surveys, Interactive Video Polls, and Interactive Video quizzes, not to mention automated webinars

We allow you to tag people based on individual answers, based on completing the survey, or based on a scoring range for a quiz. You can also send answers directly into Infusionsoft custom fields or notes. We have been integrated with Infusionsoft for a couple of years and we are constantly adding cool integration points.

You can also create custom Thank you pages that display content based on the answers given or the score that the person got on the quiz.

Feel free to reach out to me at support@questionmine.com for more info.

Lance Shuldberg