Cool Pre-Sales questions for potential partner/customer

Hello. Here are my pre-sales questions:

Questions:

1. Can you setup a promotion so that in month one customer pays $10 and then month two thru infinity they pay $100 per month? AKA a paying trial.
    2. http://developers.infusionsoft.com/f...pic.php?id=599 - We too frequently run into API limits with hosted services. We are willing to pay more but want to know if Infusionsoft has a plan to handle customers like us that can consume a lot of API calls.
    3. Can you give me a scenario of how we can build a custom module/entity? For example, our customers rent "Server(s)" from us. We would like each account to have server(s) associated. Then in the servers table we have all kinds of information like the system specs, where it is plugged in, IP Address, etc. About 20 more fields. How do custom data sets like this work in InfusionSoft?
    4. Are there any options to have SQL access to our data? Perhaps in a quasi hosted environment for us for an additional fee.

We currently use SugarCRM and we are interested in Infusionsoft. Thank you.

Infusionsoft Certified Consultant Damon Janis's Avatar
    On #1, yes that can be done. We have a product where we charge $1 for the first month and $17 for each after.

To do this, create a subscription for $100/month and a product for $10.

Then create an order form and set the product to the $10 product and the subscription to the $100 subscription.

On the order form you set the Pay Plan A to $10 and number of payments to 1.

Since you are pre-sales this might be too much detail but the point is you can do it quite easily in Infusionsoft.

If I get a few more minutes I'll try to answer your other questions too.
    I help dentists get massive value out of Infusionsoft.

Email: damon@dentma.com
    Web: http://dentma.com
    Phone: 888-947-6001

On #2, to my knowledge Infusionsoft is not planning on allowing more calls than they currently do. This can be worked around though by how you design your integration. Apps that would normally have heavy API volume now use local caching to reduce the number of calls to the API. Membership systems like CustomerHub and iMember360 use local caching and are very successful implementations.

Ok #3, Infusionsoft has provides for custom fields of various types (text, checkbox, integer, etc). It's not designed in a table structure and it's limited to 100 custom fields.

The best way to implement this in Infusionsoft is store your table information in an external database (SQL for example). Create a custom field in Infusionsoft that holds the unique ID of that structure. Then you integrate through the API to link the data between Infusionsoft and all the details of the data.

This kind of leads to #4. Infusionsoft doesn't provide SQL access to the data. Through the API you can query for data, it's not the SQL language. The way to do this as mentioned is store your data in a SQL database and store the IDs in Infusionsoft so the data is linked between the two systems.

damonjanis,

thank you. Excellent reply!

Sounds like this isn't a fit for our larger business but IS a fit for our smaller business entities. Talk soon.